IMMIGRATION FEES HOURLY RATE
We charge an hourly rate of £200 plus VAT at 20% for immigration applications. The number of hours for your application will depend on the complexity and urgency of your case. An average case should normally not exceed 10 to 15 hours:
The exact number of hours it will take depends on the circumstances in your case. Such as:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- Which language(s) you speak
- Whether you are applying with other dependants
If you are able to provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting and clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of this range.
We assist with the following immigration applications:
- Applications for naturalisation or registration under the British Nationality Act 1981
- Applications on behalf of European Economic Area (EEA) nationals and their family members under the applicable EEA Regulations or Immigration Rules, including applications for permanent residence, residence cards, and registration certificates
- Applications under the Immigration Rules, including:
- student and work experience visas
- visit visas (for tourism, or visiting friends / family)
- spouse and partners applications, including fiancé(e)s or proposed civil partners
- applications for work, business or study under the Points-Based System;
- dependent relative and family reunion applications
- ancestry visas
- applications on the basis of long residence
- Applying for a visa to join family in the UK
- Settling in the UK
- Proof of residence for EU citizens
- Applying to become British
Our fee will include the following:
- considering documents
- attending on the client
- taking their instructions and providing advice
- preparing and submitting the application
- advising the client on timelines and the outcome of their application
This does not include disbursements such as interpreters’ fees or expert reports as may be required. You so not always have to use an interpreting of our choosing, for example, you may have a family member or friend who is able to interpret on your behalf.
Charging of VAT will be dependent on where you live and what your current immigration status is. We will confirm on instruction whether VAT (at a rate of 20%) is payable when you have been instructed and can work out if VAT is properly chargeable.
What services are included
The work will involve:
- discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
- giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria.
- if you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how, which on average takes 2 hours;
- considering the supporting evidence you have provided, which we anticipate will take 2 to 4 hours*;
- where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements of any witnesses;
- preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf, which we anticipate will take 4 hours;
- Attendance at a Home Office interview: if the Home Office ask you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice (and discuss the possibility of us attending with you) at the appropriate time. This could be between 2 and 4 hours of work.
- giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
*the amount of hours depends on the number of documents, whether they need to be translated, whether anything is missing and how long it will take to obtain the missing documents Disbursements (not included in costs set out above):
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
- Interpreters fees are an average of £150 plus VAT for 2 hours.
- Independent expert reports e.g. medical experts. These are not required in many cases: we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary.
- If there is an interview and we do attend with you, there will be additional disbursements in respect of our mileage/travel expenses.
The costs quoted here do not include:
- Any Home Office fees for making the application or the National Health Service Surcharge where applicable. You will pay this directly to the relevant authorities such as the Home Office as part of the application process.
- Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal
How long will my application take?
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. Read the current processing times.
We will normally be able to submit this type of application within 28 days of your current leave to remain expiring or within 3 weeks of you instructing us on the condition that you have provided us with all the necessary documents required for your application but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer than this.
Please note the anticipated number of hours and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.