Complaints Procedure

Complaints Information

At Cotisens Solicitors, we want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service, we have provided then we ask that inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues. If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our full complaints procedure, available on request.  Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

However, if your concerns are still not resolved and you would like to make a formal complaint, you can do this by completing the online enquiry form within our ‘Contact’ section or contacting our switchboard on 0208 5948683 and requesting the email contact details of our client care team. Alternatively, you can put your complaint in writing and addressed to:

Client Care Manager

Cotisens Solicitors

3A Station Parade

Barking IG11 8ED

Your complaint will be formally acknowledged upon receipt and you will be provided with a copy of our complaints handling policy which sets out exactly how your complaint will be handled with timescales.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. The Legal Ombudsman investigates complaints about service issues with solicitors. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • Within six months of receiving a final response from us about your complaint


  • Within one year of the date of act/omission about which you are concerned; or
  • Within one year of you realising there was a concern

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please use the details below:

Contact details:


Telephone: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.


Post: Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6168, Slough, SL1 0EL

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.